Lime & Mango Ice cream
1 tin thick coconut milk
1/2 cup mango puree
1/2 cup sugar
1 lime, zest & juice
Blend everything in a high speed liquidizer & freeze!!
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
75g granulated sugar
½ tsp vanilla
10g egg replacer
pinch of salt
100g Self Raising GF flour
¼ tsp xanthum gum
60g chocolate chips
225g Self Raising Flour
½ tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of salt
50g Vegan Margarine
25g Caster sugar
100ml Soya Milk
1. Preheat the oven to 200'c.
2. Mix flour, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
3. Rub in the margarine lightly with fingers until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
4. Add the sugar and sultanas and mix well.
5. Mix in the soya milk to form a soft dough. You may need to add a little extra flour.
6. Turn out onto a floured work surface and lightly roll to 1½ to 2 inch thickness.
7. Using a 3inch diameter cutter cut out the scones and put onto baking sheets dusted with flour
8. Brush the tops with extra soya milk.
9. Bake at 200c for 10-15 minutes or so until well risen & golden.
Cool on a wire rack.
Swiss Chard & Potato Cake
with Beetroot Relish, 'Sour Cream' & Vegetable Crisps
Chard & Potato Cake
3 large potatoes
1 onion, sliced
1 clove garlic
200g swiss chard, chopped
salt & pepper to taste
1. Peel & dice the potatoes & bring to the boil in a pan of salted water.
Cook until soft then drain & mash. Season with salt & pepper.
2. Sauté the onions in a little olive oil until soft. Finely chop the garlic & cook for a few
minutes before adding the chard. Cook until wilted. Mix with the mashed potato.
3. Form into potato cakes & fry in a little oil until golden. Finish in the oven to thoroughly
250ml cider vinegar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp mustard seeds
1. Peel & cut the beetroot into small cubes.
2. Place in a saucepan with finely diced onion, vinegar, sugar & spices.
3. Bring to the boil & then reduce to a simmer for about an hour or until the beetroot is
cooked and the relish has thickened.
To serve top the potato cake with beetroot relish, vegan 'sour cream' or yoghurt and deep fried parsnip & carrot crisps.
Spicy Coconut Cakes x4
These lovely coconut cakes are from our Tasty Thai night! Serve with a sweet chilli sauce & a fragrant Thai Lemongrass & Peanut Salad. Its super quick & easy to make & tastes yummy!
100g desiccated coconut
2 limes, zest & juice
8 Tbs water
1/2 Tbs thai red curry paste
2 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
1/4 tsp salt
8 Tbs glutinous rice flour
oil for deep frying
1. Soak the desiccated coconut in the lime juice & water for half an hour to absorb the liquid.
2. Mix in the lime zest, curry paste, shredded lime leaves, salt & glutinous rice flour.
3. Heat the oil in a heavy based pan or a deep fryer.
4. Form 4 cakes and deep fry until golden. Drain on kitcen towel.
5. Serve with sweet chilli sauce & Fragrant Thai Lemongrass & Peanut Salad.
Fragrant Thai Lemongrass & Peanut Salad
1-2 sticks fresh lemongrass
1 handful roasted peanuts
1/2 lime, zest & juice
1/2 Tbs olive oil
splash soy sauce
1. Finely slice the soft root of the lemongrass.
2. Chop the peanuts & grate the carrot.
3. Mix the lime juice, olive oil & soy sauce to taste.
4. Mix everything together & garnish with fresh coriander!
Rich Chocolate Torte x6
90g rice flour
45g raw cane sugar
Pinch of salt
75g dairy free margarine
225g dark chocolate
300ml soya cream or coconut milk
1. Blend the cashews in a food processor until finely chopped.
2. Mix with the rice flour, salt and sugar. Rub in the margarine until it forms a soft dough.
3. Press into 6 small ring moulds or a 7'' round cake tin and bake at 170 c for 20 minutes.
Allow to cool.
4. Melt the chocolate with the soya cream or coconut milk in a double boiler stirring
continuously until well combined.
5. Spoon over the bases and level . Top with toasted coconut and allow to cool before