Cashew Cheese Ingredients
'Cashew Cheese' Rolls
1 ½ cups cashew nuts, soaked for 4 hours and drained
¼ cup yeast flakes, (engevita)
1 clove garlic
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon lemon juice
¼ cup water
Fresh black pepper
Heat the oven to 180-200°C.
Thinly slice the aubergines lengthways and place on an oiled baking tray. Sprinkle with salt & pepper and drizzle with plenty of olive oil. Bake for 10 minutes and then turn over the slices and cook for a further 5-10 minutes until soft. Leave to cool.
Blend the cashews in a food processor with the yeast flakes,
garlic, nutmeg, salt, lemon juice and water until smooth.
Make the rolls by placing a teaspoon of cheese at one end of each aubergine slice. Roll up & serve with rocket, toasted pine nuts & balsamic dressing.
Herby Quinoa Cake with Cherry Tomato Confit
1 white onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, finely diced
1 tsp bouillon in 400ml hot water
1 sprig fresh rosemary
4 handfuls of fresh chives, basil, parsley, dill
zest & juice of 1 lemon
Salt & pepper to taste
about 30g polenta/corn meal
Cherry Tomato Confit 180g cherry vine tomatoes 2 cloves garlic, sliced Salt & pepper Fresh rosemary sprigs Olive oil Method:
- Sauté the diced onion in a little olive oil until soft. Add the garlic and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the quinoa, vegetable bouillon and water and bring to the boil. Cover and let simmer for 15 minutes until cooked through and fluffy.
- Leave to cool. Take half the quinoa and blend with a hand held stick blender. Mix it back into the rest of the quinoa along with the fresh chopped herbs, lemon zest and juice. Check seasoning.
- Shape into 'burgers' and roll in seasoned polenta. Place on an oiled baking tray and drizzle with more olive oil. Cook at 180°C for 20 minutes until golden.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Leave the tomatoes on the vine or cut them in half and place on a baking tray. Add the sliced garlic and sprigs of fresh rosemary.
- Season and drizzle with olive oil and bake for a hour.
Berry Mousse Cake
Sponge Cake Ingredients
100g rice flour 20g cocoa
30g gram flour
½ tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
¾ tsp gluten free Baking Powder
15g flax meal
140g palm sugar
1 tsp vinegar
Preheat the oven to 170°C.
Sift the dry ingredients.
Whisk the wet ingredients together and add to the dry ingredients. Do not over mix. Pour into a lined 7 inch cake tin.
Bake for 30 minutes until cooked (test with a skewer). Leave to cool.
Slice the top of the cake off to make an even flat surface.
180g cashews, soaked for 2 hours
20g cocoa powder
1cup dates soaked
1 tsp agar powder
80ml coconut oil, melted
Blend all the ingredients except coconut oil until smooth and warm. Then slowly drizzle in the coconut oil.
Pour over the cooled cake and level out. Refrigerate over night.
Decorate with mixed berries. Serves 8-10.